Tricks to Guarantee Halloween Treats
Halloween, the day that regularly vies with Christmas and Thanksgiving as the most popular holiday, is right around the corner. Superheroes, zombies, and celebrities are sure to join perennial favorites like pirates and vampires as popular costume choices. Whether you're sporting the latest costume trend or just escorting a troop of little ghosts and goblins, these tips will help ensure a safe and fun holiday.
- Choose your costume wisely. Goofy or scary, classic or trendy, costumes should be suited for the rigors of trick-or-treating. Masks should be well fitted to allow for clear sightlines. Use reflective tape to improve a costume's visibility. And if a swashbuckler's costume requires a dagger or sword, make sure that its flexible and safe.
- Have your camera handy and ready to go. You never know when you'll need to snap that perfect shot of kids in costume, so make sure you've got your camera at the ready. Keep some extra pre-charged rechargeable batteries on hand and you'll never miss a shot. Rayovac's AA rechargables can take up to 300 photos per charge (that's 8X more than competitors' lithium batteries).
- Stay in groups. There's safety in numbers, so make sure that older children stick together and have an agreed-upon route planned. And always make sure that an adult accompanies younger children.
- Carry battery-operated LED flashlights for fun and safety. Flashlights can provide peace of mind when trick-or-treating stretches into later hours, and they’re also great for lighting up dim and shadowy Halloween parties. Rayovac's Indestructible lights can stand up to most any challenge—whether you’re fending off zombies or defending your hard-earned candy.
- Keep an eye on those treats. Before kids start snacking on their stash, make sure an adult has a chance to inspect candy for damaged wrappers or suspicious items. If they can't wait until you get home, it’s good to have an LED flashlight handy to do on-the-spot checks. And remember—you don't have to eat it all at once!
Rayovac is a worldwide leader in battery power and innovation. Backed by a long history of bringing the latest innovations to the marketplace, Rayovac offers a full range of high-performance batteries to meet the power needs of today's consumers. From long-lasting alkaline batteries to advanced green rechargeable technology to the world's top-selling, longest lasting mercury free hearing aid battery, Rayovac's state-of-the-art products offer more power for the money. The company also manufactures a wide selection of high-quality flashlights. For more information, visit www.rayovac.com.
About Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., a member of the Russell 2000 Index, is a diversified, global consumer products company and a leading supplier of batteries, shaving and grooming products, personal care products, small household appliances, specialty pet supplies, lawn & garden and home pest control products, personal insect repellents and portable lighting. Helping to meet the needs of consumers worldwide, the Company offers a broad portfolio of market-leading and widely trusted brands including Rayovac®, Remington®, Varta®, George Foreman®, Black & Decker®, Toastmaster®, Tetra®, Marineland®, Nature's Miracle®, Dingo®, 8-in-1®, Littermaid®, Spectracide®, Cutter®, Repel®, and Hot Shot®. Spectrum Brands Holdings' products are sold by the world's top 25 retailers and are available in more than one million stores in more than 120 countries around the world. Spectrum Brands Holdings generated net sales of $3.1 billion from continuing operations in fiscal 2010. For more information, visit www.spectrumbrands.com.