Middleton, WI - November 22, 2010
Battery-Operated Toys and Gadgets Top Lists
What's the real power rocking holiday fun? Moms of course! When it comes to making the holidays special we all know that moms rock. In fact, according to the Rayovac Holiday Habits survey, more than three-quarters of moms (78 percent) consider themselves a rock star – a mom that will do whatever it takes to make the holidays memorable. From braving long lines for the perfect gift to dazzling decorating, moms make the season sparkle.
Rayovac is celebrating moms this holiday season with the Mom Rocks the Holiday sweepstakes. Entrants have a chance to win one of three $1,000 prizes or 20 Rayovac Rocks kits including a full set of Paper Jamz, one of the hottest toys this season. From Monday, November 22nd through Sunday, December 5th, simply visit www.facebook.com/Rayovac and share what you, or your mom, do to make the season bright. Just in time for Christmas, imagine how you could rock the gift list with $1,000!
How Will Moms Rock the Holidays?
According to the recent Rayovac Holiday Habits survey, 90 percent of moms surveyed will go to great lengths to make the season magical for their families. Those sacrifices pay off, because 84 percent of survey respondents say their family thinks they rock the holidays. The survey uncovered other interesting insights on the extremes moms go to in order to make the holidays unforgettable:
- The Early Bird Gets the Worm – More than 80 percent of moms say they would stand in line in the wee hours of the morning to get a holiday gift. How early? More than half (54 percent) say 3 a.m. or 4 a.m. A dedicated 30 percent say they would even camp out overnight.
- Black Friday Frenzy – Three-quarters of moms surveyed say they brave the crowds on Black Friday to get good deals.
- Full-Time Job- Nearly one-quarter (23 percent) of respondents will spend more than 60 hours preparing for Christmas.
- Whatever it Takes - An impressive 80 percent of moms declare they will do what it takes to get the gifts topping wish lists. Sixty percent concede they plan to fulfill the majority of their kids' gift list wishes.
- Time is Money – To get the gifts on the list, moms will spend time driving to multiple stores (90 percent), scouring the internet (96 percent) and driving long distances – perhaps across state lines (73 percent).
- Plan Ahead – Sixty-eight percent of moms say they avoid the frenzy by buying the predicted hot gifts during the summer.
- Santa's Helper – Ninety-five percent of moms say they do the majority of both holiday preparations and gift shopping.
- Sharing is Caring - Moms plan to make the holidays magical for others as 88 percent say will support a charity.
Tech Toys are Tops
According to the Rayovac Holiday Habits survey, 91 percent of moms will purchase battery-operated toys and gadgets this year. In fact, they plan to buy more tech toys (72 percent) than traditional toys (28 percent). Other findings from the Rayovac survey of moms include:
- Mad Dash – A frantic 59 percent of respondents have had to make a run to the store for batteries on Christmas Eve or Christmas day.
- Christmas Tears – On Christmas morning, 31 percent of moms have seen joy turn to tears because a toy didn't have batteries.
Rayovac batteries make the perfect stocking stuffer to power all the electronic gadget and toys under the tree. More than three-quarters (76 percent) of moms surveyed say they'll use batteries as stocking stuffers this year. Stock up now and get the Rayovac holiday coupon book featuring great discounts on a variety of products for everyone on the list, even Fido!
Specially-marked 24-pack and 30-pack AA and AAA Rayovac alkaline batteries will feature the in-pack coupon book brimming with $25 dollars of coupons for a plethora of Spectrum Brands products including Rayovac batteries and flashlights, a George Foreman grill, Remington hair care and grooming products as well as Dingo dog treats.