Store your hearing aid batteries at room temperature. Avoid temperature extremes, as heat will shorten the life of the batteries, and refrigeration is not recommended.
Metal objects such as coins and keys can short out batteries, so don't carry batteries your pocket or purse. Always be sure to store and discard batteries in places that cannot be reached by infants or children.
If a battery is swallowed, see a doctor immediately. For recommended treatment you can call the National Button Battery Hotline at 202-625-3333.
For more information on hearing loss, call the-not-for-profit Better Hearing Institute at: 1-800-EAR- WELL (327-9355) Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.